where are the pretty pictures?

blogger profile

Subscribe with Bloglines
Blogwise - blog directory

write me: takeoffsandlandings AT hotmail dot com

now playing in my itunes:
audioscrobbler

mirror project photos:
#1
#2

fotologs:
1000 easy steps
sallytomato on flickr




join the email update list:


powered by NotifyList.com


find stuff:

search google
search sallytomato


12.06.2002 | link |

 

i keep telling myself that i should blog everyday. even if only a sentence or two. each day holds something meaningful, i say to myself with a voice of authority and wisdom. life is passing by and i’m fortunate enough to be living it, so i should at least have a few words as a product of all the time i squander away, right? there has to be something worth writing. of all the thoughts and answerless questions that fire through my brain throughout the course of a day, of all the motions i go through in the hours between waking and sleeping, all the dreams that jolt me awake, all the emotions that stir and haunt, all the restlessness that leaves me yearning, all the pointless inner conversations that plague me, (that often contain thoughts like “there has to be something worth writing about” and “what’s the point?”), i should have something—anything. right?

but i find myself staring at a lot of blank pieces of paper, pen in hand or between teeth. and countless white screens with impatiently blinking cursors. waiting for the creation of at least one sentence that might prove my existence in this space and time in the universe.

and like a distended balloon that’s forcing a hiss out of a microscopic hole, i find myself writing this sentence more than any other:

“i don’t have anything to say.”

a sentence with a profundity all its own.


comments: 0


***






let bygones be bygones.


friends, gods, strangers

don't look now, but

listen,

nightstand clutter
bust magazine

furthermore,
thanks squidfingers
for the pattern!

all original writing, photos,
and content on this site is:
©2002-2005 armeen y.



Creative Commons License
this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License


wlh
























thank you. and good night.