where are the pretty pictures?

blogger profile

Subscribe with Bloglines
Blogwise - blog directory

write me: takeoffsandlandings AT hotmail dot com

now playing in my itunes:
audioscrobbler

mirror project photos:
#1
#2

fotologs:
1000 easy steps
sallytomato on flickr




join the email update list:


powered by NotifyList.com


find stuff:

search google
search sallytomato


11.19.2002 | link |

100 things  

1. I am the youngest child by 7 years. I was unplanned.
2. I haven't eaten beef or pork in 13 15 years.
3. Sometimes I tell people that I choose which meat I eat based on whether the animal is "cute" or "smart". They often think I'm serious.
4. I could eat sushi every day.
5. I am 7th grade spelling bee champion. (Though I lost in the city finals by misspelling the word "aggravate".)
6. My mom still calls me her baby.
7. I lived in Seattle for 2 1/2 years with my two cats, Ruby and Sky. Sky used to drool when he purred.
8. My first car was a VW bug with no reverse. It also ran on 3 cylinders. And one day the muffler fell off.
9. I like to take photographs of people I don't know.
10. My first book was called "My Little Cat". I wrote it when I was 6.
11. I used to steal my older sister's clothes.
12. Reality television is my guilty pleasure.
13. I have overactive tear ducts.
14. I know I have a really good life.
15. I really, really want a bicycle just like PeeWee Herman's in PeeWee's Big Adventure. (I now have this one.)
16. I have a tendency to kill plants, but I still try to make them grow.
17. I'm short and I fall over in high heels.
18. One of the nicest things someone can do for me is have coffee ready for me in the morning.
19. I am very forgiving of other people's shortcomings, but pretty hard on myself.
20. I speak Armenian, mostly to my grandmother. (But I don't feel very smart when I do because I speak it at a 4th grade level.)
21. I think in English, and have to translate in my head to Armenian.
22. I love doing the crossword puzzle on Sunday mornings.
23. I think my boyfriend fiance is a good, good man.
24. I love the feeling of salt water drying on my skin at the beach.
25. I hate beer.
26. I've had the same best friend since I was 12.
27. I've never read Marcel Proust but I've always thought I should.
28. I collect vintage eyeglasses and have 42 45
pairs.
29. I've never bitten my nails.
30. I was an English major before I dropped out of UCLA. (I'll probably be an English major again one day.)
31. I've had 6 years of piano lessons and piano recitals but couldn't play a tune if you asked me to.
32. I've traveled to Italy, France, Armenia, and Tunisia. (Oh, and Mexico and Canada, but being so close, I don't know if they count.) And now, I've gone to Sri Lanka, India, and Singapore, too.
33. I've been in Lebanon, Syria, Cypress, Greece, and Switzerland, but I was too young to remember.
34. I wore a lot of black when I was a teenager.
35. I can carry a tune, but that's about it.
36. I get cranky when I'm hungry.
37. I didn't did eat lunch today.
38. I have an orange vinyl couch.
39. I am a tattoo virgin.
40. I used to have E.T. shoelaces but I've never seen E.T.
41. I don't watch movies with a lot of violence. (I don't want to be numb to that.)
42. I love watching old sitcoms late at night until I fall asleep.
43. I own an electric toothbrush but I usually use my manual one instead.
44. I floss, most of the time.
45. You can see me as an extra in the movie, "The Doors." I'm sitting at a table in the scene at the Whisky. I looked up Meg Ryan's nostrils, and I bumped into Oliver Stone on purpose. He glared at me.
46. I've driven all the way to Graceland on a road trip, but didn't take the tour because I was almost out of money.
47. I force myself to watch surgeries on TV and watch nurses sticking needles in my arm so I won't be squeamish.
48. I went to art school in Seattle while I worked full time.
49. I volunteer at the museum and "check in" people's backpacks. Sometimes they think I'm going to "check" them and open them up so I can look inside.
50. I'm doing this list because of my birthday (November 23) and I think I should do this every year. But I haven't.
51. Two Four years ago, I spent my birthday on top of the Empire State Building.
52. I'd like to go back in time and re-do a few years.
53. I'm a pretty good dancer.
54. I own blue roller skates with stripes on the side.
55. I'm a lot funnier when I've had a few glasses of wine.
56. I'm a lot happier when I've had a few glasses of wine.
57. I can be very, very patient.
58. People often say I'm an idealist.
59. I have dimples. But I've heard dimples are a genetic defect.
60. I don't wear a watch and can't remember the last time I did, therefore...
61. I'm usually late.
62. I can make a lovely origami crane, but I always often
forget how.
63. I always wake up momentarily when the paperboy walks up the stairs on Sunday mornings to deliver my paper.
64. I like my coffee strong, but with milk and two teaspoons of sugar.
65. I love early mornings but can never get up early enough to enjoy them.
66. I buy a lot of postcards that I fully intend to send, but often don't.
67. I don't like to go shopping.
68. This list feels very awkward, contrived, and/or self-serving at times.
69. I am not the alpha female.
70. I used to fantasize about being in the army, but only because of MASH and "Private Benjamin".
71. I used to practice being ambidextrous, but I'm better at writing upside down.
72. I can be very, very rational on the outside.
73. I can be very, very emotional on the inside.
74. I wear my glasses when I want to look smart.
75. I don't like to kill spiders or ants, and if I do I feel guilty.
76. I like the beaming look on people's faces when it first starts to snow.
77. I wish people would be more honest.
78. I think style is more important than fashion.
79. My eyes are green with specks of orange.
80. Strangers smile at me.
81. I procrastinate. A lot. And I'm doing it right now.
82. I like to sneak lots of candy into the movies.
83. I would lose at Survivor.
84. I do my own taxes.
85. I don't like talking on the phone, except to make plans.
86. I always take Polaroids on New Year's Eve.
87. One of my favorite songs is "The Rainbow Connection"--sung by either Kermit the Frog or Willie Nelson.
88. I almost eloped when I was 19...
89. But my parents "talked" me out of it...
90. And I'm grateful for that, although I hated them at the time.
91. I can interpret your dreams.
92. I should be driving a powder-blue '57 Ford Galaxie...
93. But I drive a sensible Honda Trooper.
94. Sometimes I wish I was Irish. Sometimes I wish I was Japanese. Sometimes I wish I was Jewish. Sometimes I wish I was Indian. (But I'm happy I'm Armenian.)
95. I found out that I'm a CMV blood donor. (My blood can be used for premature babies.)
96. When I was little, I used to wish I had a giant flying lion to ride on—like in "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe". (I still do.)
97. I hope I'll always be able to see the boa constrictor swallowing an elephant, instead of just a hat. (The Little Prince)
98. I'm better at writing than talking.
99. When I'm old I'd like to wear my hair pulled back in a thick, waist-long braid.
100. I don't worry about getting older. I just worry about getting boring.





***






let bygones be bygones.


friends, gods, strangers

don't look now, but

listen,

nightstand clutter
bust magazine

furthermore,
thanks squidfingers
for the pattern!

all original writing, photos,
and content on this site is:
©2002-2005 armeen y.



Creative Commons License
this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License


wlh
























thank you. and good night.