where are the pretty pictures?

blogger profile

Subscribe with Bloglines
Blogwise - blog directory

write me: takeoffsandlandings AT hotmail dot com

now playing in my itunes:
audioscrobbler

mirror project photos:
#1
#2

fotologs:
1000 easy steps
sallytomato on flickr




join the email update list:


powered by NotifyList.com


find stuff:

search google
search sallytomato


6.12.2002 | link |

 

when i was little, my mother filled our house with little cards and bookmarks and plaques and the like—things she'd find at the christian bookstore or something. she’d tape them to mirrors. lean them against photo frames. hide them in books and bathroom drawers. pictures of butterflies and kittens and blurry sunsets with verses and sayings like "be patient with me, god isn’t finished with me yet." at one point she’d found an alcoholics anonymous "god grant me the serenity..." prayer and magnet-ed it to the refrigerator with a "one day at a time" magnet. she had no idea, of course. she just liked it. it gave her hope.

to this day, i find little business-card-sized messages hidden in my mail when i go to pick it up from my parents’ house. "hang in there, baby" they’ll say.


comments: 0


***






let bygones be bygones.


friends, gods, strangers

don't look now, but

listen,

nightstand clutter
bust magazine

furthermore,
thanks squidfingers
for the pattern!

all original writing, photos,
and content on this site is:
©2002-2005 armeen y.



Creative Commons License
this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License


wlh
























thank you. and good night.